For all those other times, we offer quick reference guides which will guide you through to a successful sale. These guides will teach you how to get clients, how to present your clients with vacation options based on their preferences and budget, the reasons why booking group travel can be a benefit to you and your clients and the importance of travel insurance.
Book Groups To Earn and Save More!!
Group cruises and vacation packages are convenient way to plan and offer a great value and a wonderful experience in all destinations worldwide including the Caribbean, Alaska, Hawaii, Europe, river cruises and beyond. Our group experts can assist you with all facets of a group including accommodations, onboard events, cocktail parties, shore excursions and more. Cruises or All Inclusive Resorts are a great option for corporate groups, family groups, wedding groups, associations and any other special interest group. Let us help you find the perfect destination and travel type with the itinerary and amenities that will make your group a success.
Cruises can earn booking credits for every 16th passenger that may be equivalent to the average cruise fare/category for the group. Cruise line rules can vary by vendor.
All Inclusive Resorts can earn credits for every 10 paid rooms in a group. (20 passengers & 10 rooms required) Resort rules can vary by vendor.
Groups also earn additional amenities and promotions such as on board credits or cocktail parties etc.
Call one of our group experts today and get your Group started! 866-797-4676. Group Specialists are available Mon – Fri from 9am-6pm eastern time
Travel Insurance is an oft-overlooked but very vital detail when a client is looking for vacation options. In the unfortunate event something gets lost, stolen, or damaged, some are left scrambling to make alternate plans or purchase new goods to replace the ones lost. For a small additional cost, you can help your clients erase their worries by selling travel insurance!
To assist you in offering travel insurance, here are some common issues a traveler may encounter:
- It’s 10 p.m. and you and your immediate family arrive at the airport for a connecting flight, only to find that your flight has been cancelled. Who can assist you with finding new flights to catch up with your cruise? Your bag was lost with your insulin inside. You need help to locate your bag as soon as possible and have your emergency prescription filled. Who do you call?
- Your first Mediterranean Cruise, and your passport and wallet are stolen. Where do you turn for emergency cash, and how will you get your passport replaced?
- You’re involved in an accident and adequate medical treatment is not available. Who will help arrange and pay for a medical evacuation?
- If your sister-in-law becomes seriously ill and you must cancel your cruise, what happens to your non-refundable deposits or pre-payments?
- You arrive in Jamaica and your luggage doesn’t. If it’s lost, who will help you find it? If it’s delayed, who will pay for your necessities? If it’s stolen, who will pay to replace it?
- You’re walking down a street in Rio and twist your ankle. Who can help you find an English-speaking physician?
- Three weeks before your scheduled arrival, a terrorist incident occurs in a city you are scheduled to visit. Who will pay if you want to cancel your trip?
- You are waiting to board your ship in Miami and are forced to evacuate due to an approaching hurricane. Who will help you evacuate and who will reimburse your lost cruise investment?
- A freak snowstorm in Atlanta causes your flight to be delayed, missing the embarkation of your cruise. Who do you call to catch you up with the cruise? Who is going to reimburse you for the additional expenses incurred to catch up?
Encourage your clients to be prepared for any issue that may arise with our Preferred Provider’s Travel insurance programs as problems can be expensive but preparation, protection and peace of mind is cheap! As an added bonus, being a GTI Independent Travel Agent earns you commission with each insurance policy you sell!
Direct Booking Procedures
These procedures do not apply to Group Bookings.
Group Bookings must be processed by our Group Department.
For Group Bookings please call 1-888-699-0905.
Group Processing Fees:
For Group Bookings there is one time $75.00 processing fee per Group.
Confirm your reservation under Global Travel International
When booking travel directly with a supplier, please provide the supplier with the following information:
Name of the Agency: Global Travel International, Inc.
Agency Booking Code (CLIA/ARC#): This is the 8-digit number found on your GTI Agent ID card, beginning with a 106.
Phone Number: 407-660-7800
Agency Address (if required): 1060 Maitland Center Commons, Suite 305. Maitland, FL 32751
Please ask the supplier to fax a confirmation of your booking to GTI to the attention of “Direct Bookings”.
If you have already confirmed your reservation with the supplier and have not provided any of the information above, you must contact the supplier and provide them with the required information. Then, please request that the supplier release the reservation to Global Travel International so our in-house sales staff can service the booking and your commission can be properly processed.
In some cases, the supplier may require that a request to release a booking be in writing and faxed to them. Some suppliers will not release a booking to a travel agency if it is already paid in full. So it’s best to provide the supplier with the correct information when you initially confirm the reservation.
Please keep Global Travel International informed
GTI receives fax confirmations, travel documents, and even commission checks from suppliers on a daily basis. Frequently, these items are received for reservations we are not aware of.
Often the information received does not provide enough information to identify the Independent Travel Agent that the reservation belongs to. This makes it difficult to service the reservation (answering questions, mailing documents) and impossible to process commission for the reservation.
The inability to identify the GTI Agent also makes it difficult to verify the pricing, payments, and commissions to ensure you or your clients are receiving GTI’s negotiated prices.
When making a reservation directly with a supplier, contact GTI’s Direct Booking Department by email at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org and provide all of the following details:
• Confirmation Number
• Type of Travel
• Travel Supplier
• Dates of Travel
• Names of the Passengers Traveling
• Your GTI PIN
Service on Your Reservation
Once your reservation has been verified and confirmed in GTI’s system, you may contact our Travel Service Department with questions by calling 1-800-270-3007 Monday – Friday from 9am – 6pm Eastern time.
Refer A Friend
Get Paid up to $200*
GTI offers our Independent Travel Agents everything they need to save on travel like never before. So, why not tell your friends, family and business associates about the benefits you’ve been enjoying, so they can start saving and earning too?!
Call Now! 1-800-490-9410 and Refer-A-Friend
*Terms and Conditions: Some restrictions apply.